ZigBee/ Wireless Sensor Networking
Application: Remote Building System Management
Large commercial and industrial buildings rely on several systems to meet proper temperature, air quality and energy requirements. Typically, these systems are produced by different manufacturers and offer little interaction between systems.
Having the abgateway. Many newer products such as air quality system controllers, building sensors and energy meters come with XBee modules pre-installed, allowing for easy expansion and retrofitting into the mesh Drop-in Network.
Abiility to monitor or control systems remotely through a single network allows for greater flexibility and efficiency. Existing systems can be retrofitted with XBee® adapters to provide a wireless mesh network back to a ConnectPort X Product:
XBee and XBee-PRO DigiMesh 2.4 embedded RF modules provide wireless connectivity to end-point devices using a globally deployable 2.4 GHz transceiver. These modules use the DigiMesh networking protocol. This innovative, peer-to-peer network offers users added network stability through self-healing, dense network operation and support for sleeping routers, extending the operational life of battery dependent networks.
- No configuration needed for out-of-the-box RF communications
- Common XBee footprint for a variety of RF modules
- Simple topology to deploy and grow
- 2.4 GHz for worldwide deployment
- Low-power XBee or extended-range XBee-PRO (pin/over-the-air compatible)
- Multiple antenna options
- Outdoor RF line-of-sight range up to 1 mile (1.6 km) with high-gain antennas
- DigiMesh peer-to-peer mesh networking protocol