ZigBee/ Wireless Sensor Networking
Application: ZigBee Fleet Management
Refrigeration failures and unlocked door latches cause inventory loss and insurance claims; truck component failures create unnecessary maintenance and asset utilization loss.
Sensors deployed throughout the tractor-trailer are network-enabled using ZigBee® mesh technology. An onboard ConnectPort® X gateway carries the mesh data traffic back to central applications on the trucking company's IP network for monitoring.
- Key systems and components on the vehicle can be monitored for proactive maintenance
- Automated alarms alert company personnel to unauthorized incursions to the truck's cargo hold
- Refrigeration failures can be identified quickly enough to save perishable inventory and avoid insurance claims
XBee and XBee-PRO ZB embedded SMT RF modules provide cost-effective wireless connectivity to electronic devices. They are interoperable with other ZigBee PRO feature set devices, including devices from other vendors. They share a common hardware footprint and are available in a variety of protocols and frequencies.
- Interoperable with other ZigBee compliant devices
- Programmable versions of the XBee-PRO ZB enable custom ZigBee application development
- Advanced configuration options available via simple AT or API commands
- SMT form factor with side castellations for easy soldering
- 15 general-purpose I/O lines
- Link budgets of 110 dB for XBee and 119 dB for XBee-PRO ZB
- Industry leading sleep current of sub 1uA
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI or over the air