ZigBee/ Wireless Sensor Networking
Application: ZigBee Smart Energy
ZigBee Smart Energy offers utilities and energy service providers secure, easy-to-use wireless home area networks (HAN) for managing energy. ZigBee Smart Energy gives these groups and their customers the power to directly communicate with thermostats and other smart appliances.
New advanced metering and demand response programs can be implemented in homes easily and securely because of ZigBee wireless technology. Now utilities and energy service providers can easily implement energy management and efficiency programs to meet changing government requirements.
Digi is a member of the ZigBee Alliance and has developed a wide range of networking solutions based on the ZigBee protocol. XBee and XBee-PRO modules and other XBee-enabled devices provide an easy-to-implement solution that provides functionality to connect to a wide variety of devices.
Smart Energy Bundles is a convenient 25-pack product bundles are used to create a Smart Energy network for AMI or AMR-ERT meter networks to allow real-time monitoring and control of energy usage.
- ConnectPort X2 for Smart Energy gateway with Smart Energy 1.0 profile certification to enable a Home Area Network
- 10/100 Ethernet for easily connecting to residential home router
- ERT/Smart Energy Bridge wirelessly connects ERTbased AMR metering systems to share utility usage data with devices on the Smart Energy network
- Certified ERT radio design used under Itron ERT license with support for all ERT “bubble-up” utility meters
- iDigi® cloud solution for device management and ERT/Ethernet Gateway SE Range Extenders application integration